Fall 2012 TV Premieres

FALL PREMIERES ARE RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER and I cannot begin to express to you how exciting I am. So what do we have to look forward to this fall? Here’s what I will be tuning into, and I hope you’ll do the same.

DEXTER (season seven)

This show is hands down the best show on television. In my opinion, there was only one slow season (season three) but it set a foundation for the following seasons. Dexter is a forensic scientist (mainly blood splatter analysis) for Miami Metro Police Department and a serial killer who goes after criminals. He hides his true identity from everyone he loves, but the last scene of season six was Dexter killing a mass murderer and his Police Chief sister, Deb witnesses the act. Needless to say, season seven will continue the journey of Dexter, his attempt at a “normal” life and him taming his Dark Passenger.

Dexter premieres Sunday, September 30th at 9:00PM EST on Showtime.

GLEE (season four)

Last season ended with the majority of the cast, including my favorites Santana and Rachel Berry graduating from high school. Some of the cast remains but new faces will be seen in season four, including The Glee Project’s season two winner Blake. Yes, the story line is rocky and corny, but the music is enough for me!

Glee premieres Thursday, September 13th at 9:00PM EST on FOX.

PARKS AND RECREATION (season five)

Last season, Leslie Knope’s campaign and campaign team brought laughter and hope to the Parks and Recreation viewers. Each season has been hilarious and I am sure this upcoming season will be no different. I also cannot wait for more Ron Swanson.

Parks and Recreation premieres Thursday, September 20th at 9:30PM EST on NBC.

MODERN FAMILY (season four)

It is very rare for my brother to get into a TV show that isn’t a cartoon however, when I forced him to watch a couple of my favorite clips he couldn’t stop. Within a week (while enrolled full-time in school, playing division one football and maintaining a social life) he finished seasons one and two of Modern Family. Each episode has a realistic family situation; daughter dating an idiot, a school science project, a family vacation, holidays, etc. which is tied together with witty remarks. Modern Family shows what most families have experienced, which I love.

Modern Family premieres Wednesday, September 26th at 9:00PM EST on ABC.

SONS OF ANARCHY (season five)

The past four seasons have been action packed, full of MC politics and a type of family dynamic I have never witnessed. Each season starts off slow but ends with some huge event that draws you into the next season. I recommend this show to anyone who enjoys watching crime, family drama and who is looking for a show unlike any other on television today.

Sons of Anarchy premieres Tuesday, September 11th at 10:00PM EST on FX.

NEW GIRL (season two)

Season one was perfect. Zooey Deschanel plays a corky girl who moves in with three guys after she finds her boyfriend cheating on her. Surprisingly, as amazing as Deschanel is on this show (well, in everything), the three guys make this show hilarious.

New Girl premieres Tuesday, September 25th at 8:00PM EST on FOX.

REVENGE (season two)

The dynamic Emily Thorne seeks revenge on the people who put her father in jail and ultimately killed him for a crime he did not commit. Season two will pick up right where season one left off – Emily finding out her mother is still alive. Out of all the shows that premiered in the fall of 2011, this is hands down my favorite.

Revenge premieres Sunday, September 30th at 10:00PM on ABC.

THE OFFICE (season nine/final season)

I have watched every episode of every season of this show. Some of my favorite TV moments come from The Office. I will admit, once Michael Scott (Steve Carell) left, it wasn’t the same but it’s still great and written very well.

The Office premieres Thursday, September 20th at 9:00PM EST on NBC.

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE (season 38)

SNL cracks me up every week. Some of my favorite sketches include Weekend Update and SNL Digital Shorts. I am extremely upset Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg and possibly Jason Sudeikis will not be returning this season however, Fred Armisen, Bill Hader, Seth Meyers and Kenan Thompson will be on the upcoming season.

Saturday Night Live premieres Saturday, September 15th at 11:30PM EST with host Seth McFarlane and music guest Frank Ocean.

NEW COMERS:

THE MINDY PROJECT

Mindy Kaling (writer of and plays Kelly Kapoor on NBC’s The Office) plays a single physician trying to navigate through her personal and professional life. Kaling is extremely funny; not only is she one of the head writers for The Office but she also wrote one of my favorite memoirs Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns).

The Mindy Project premieres Tuesday, September 25th at 9:30PM on FOX.

ANIMAL PRACTICE

Justin Kirk (Andy Botwin on Showtime’s Weeds) plays Dr. George Coleman, a veterinarian who owns his own practice. This comedy explores animal medicine while circling around the practice’s and Coleman’s drama.

Animal Practice premieres Wednesday, September 26th at 8:00PM EST on NBC.

THE NEW NORMAL

I had the opportunity to watch the first episode of this upcoming series and I absolutely loved it. The New Normal is about a same-sex couple who hires a surrogate to have their baby. But of course there’s a twist; the surrogate’s Nana is racist and homophobic. The first episode had me laughing and almost crying at times. For a more in-depth overview, read It’s A Lottery Out There’s Review.

The New Normal premieres Tuesday, September 11th at 9:30PM EST on NBC.

It is safe to say that this fall a lot of great shows are coming back and starting up. Hopefully they’ll all be as entertaining as I hope for them to be.

Like this post? Check out Fall 2011 TV Premieres.

3 Comments Add yours

1. I thought Dexter signed up for two more seasons! Take it back!!

1. TerahPaluba says:

You’re right! Ahhh thank God. I was struggling to come to terms with Dexter ending this year. Thanks for catching that!!!!!

2. Pingback: Clip of the Week |